Sunday 9 October 2011

Lament



This is a really sad thought... so if you're not ready for a dose of sadness DON'T READ.

One of the phrases I truly hate: "I used to like 'someone'. May he/she rest in peace."


Used to? You mean you don't anymore?


Loved ones die... but they leave memories and lessons that live with us till the last breath. It's a blessing from God that we are able to forget... so that the pain of the loss would not be constant. But sometimes when we remember, we relive with them, as if we're replaying scenes from a previously performed play. You feel extremely happy at first, but as soon as the curtains go down... pain!

It is a fact that we all know. All that lives... shall die. Whatever has a start... comes to an end. Perhaps there is a child that lives in us forever and gives us faith that miracles DO happen. Maybe they won't die. Or maybe those who die will come back. Miracles happen.
Then reality strikes... Miracles do NOT happen. It's over!
You regret the mornings you did not tell them you love them
or the days you made them feel angry or sad
or the days you spent without them...
Death is fate. We do not have the right to object, but we have the right to mourn. We are, after all, human.

I write this in the beloved memory of my grandmother who has taught me many things, very deep, that I myself 

can't express. Most importantly, she raised the man I take pride of being his daughter. I do not remember telling her that I love her.

I won't say "I used to love my grandmother". I say "I love my Grandmother".
May Allah forgive her and send her to Paradise. Please read AlFateha upon her pure soul.

اللهم ارحم موتانا و موتى المسلمين

No comments:

Post a Comment