Friday 7 October 2011

But Someone Has to Know



My memory sent me into a flashback… to summer 2010.

I was attending a conference at Bibliotheca Alexandrina discussing the relationship
between the Arab World and Holland.
Everyone was able to notice at a glance that all the Arab spokesmen were above 40
years old while all the Dutch spokesmen were under that age. Actually, the eldest
was only 34 years old.

After the conference was over, the Arab spokesmen disappeared! Just like that!
They were nowhere to be seen.
The Dutch, however, started to mingle with the audience talking with them and
answering their questions.

Anyway…

I truly admired the knowledge of one of the young spokesmen so I asked him what
he studied and his answer was “Political Sciences”.

My friend spontaneously shouted out: “Yeee! That’s hard!” He looked at us with a
smile and said “But someone has to know…”

“But someone has to know…”

That word echoes in my brain till now…
I wouldn’t be exaggerating if I say that this word changed me…
Nowadays, whenever I come across a piece of information that I wouldn’t
normally care about, I remember that someone has to know.

Why wouldn’t that someone be me?

Why wouldn’t that someone be you? ;)

1 comment: