Friday 7 October 2011

Buy books?!



Another Dutch spokesman caught my attention. Actually she was a spokeswoman!
Her name was Aiaa. She was only 23 years old and was already the big
boss of some organisation called the Blue Mosque.

She was definitely different from most 23-year-old ladies I’ve met.
I frankly asked her: “Is it quite normal that a very young female like you would
reach to this high position?”

She laughed out loud and said: “No! But they couldn’t find a man who could beat
me!”

Wow! Confident! Woman power! ;) :D

We had a long enjoyable conversation about youth in both countries and it ended
by me asking: “Do you have a piece of advice for me?”

She said: “Yes! Read! Read! Read!”

The next day, I felt so excited and so hungry for books that I bought 8 books, 6 of
which are unopened on my shelf.

Thinking again, Aiaa said: “Read! Read! Read!”
She didn’t say: “Buy books! Buy books! Buy books!”

So I learnt my lesson…
One book at time…
Read it then buy another.
Closed books on the shelf do not increase your knowledge, not a tiny bit. So it’s
just money in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment